Window replacement in Richmond Hill ON can be a process. You probably have some questions like, how will this affect my daily life, will it help with energy bills, who will do it, and the like. New windows will be more efficient than your old ones, but before you dive in, here are 5 things that you should know before you decide to replace your windows.
- New windows can be expensive. Although new windows can be expensive, they can save you 15 percent on total energy savings. These can require construction to be done on your home, but this construction can help you to give an updated look to your home. Some windows do not require extra construction done on your home to be installed.
- What kind of windows do you have now? You should be able to tell if you have metal windows or wood windows in your home currently. Both of these window types can allow for new windows to be put in without much damage or extensive construction.
- Do you know what you want? It is always good to go in knowing what you want before discussing it with your contractor. There are many different types of frame materials for windows. Ask your contractor what windows would be best for your home and work from there as you decide color, design, and type.
- Do you know about glass options? There are even different glass options for the windows. Your contractor should also be able to help you find the right fit for you. These options can range from single-paned windows to double-paned windows. It can also include low maintenance coatings and whether it is air or gas between the panes. Make sure you are aware of all the options, and understand what they mean, while choosing your new windows.
- What is their warranty? It is always good to know that you have a warranty on your windows so that if something goes wrong, it can be fixed. Most windows come with a lifetime warranty, but lifetime does not always mean the same thing to every manufacturer. Make sure that you talk with contractor about what the warranty is exactly, and get it put into your contract, if it is not already, so that it is guaranteed.
Are You Ready to Replace?
Contact Platinum Home Design and Renovations Inc, today for quality windows that will stand the test of time.